ALIF is a nonprofit and non-governmental organization (NGO) established in the Uganda in 2019 by a group of charity workers with a slogan “let’s build the future of Africa with kindness”.
ALIF is the first letter of the Arabic alphabet and it means cohesion, cordiality and friendliness. That is why; we wanted ALIF to be a sign of cohesion, cordiality and friendliness between the people. Our values begins with ALIF Iman, Ihsan, Ikhlas, Itqan and Izzah…
ALIF, years ago, have already started to save and transform the lives of people by providing the necessities of life from Water and Sanitation, Education, Food and Food Items, Livelihood and Socio-Economic Development thus lifting them out of poverty. We work in the rural areas and with the hardest to reach communities because of the burden of poverty experienced in the country. Rural areas caught in chronic poverty traps, which face multiple and interlocking forms of disadvantage. Isolation, insecurity, weak economic integration.
AF work in Uganda at first and also network and partnership in Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Somalia, Ethiopia.
In addition to that, we also promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities – regardless of race, religion or gender.
- To use our skills and resources to empower the communities, alleviate poverty and promote access to healthcare services to all in our area of jurisdiction.
- Inspired by our faith and guided by our values, we believe that the kindness is fulfilled by responding rapidly to disasters and fight poverty through our values, expertise and global reach, human-centered & oriented and sensitivity.
- Working for the human dignity in remote villages to bring for the people sustainable development solutions.
It is the main aim of AF:
- Equip the people with knowledge and education,
- Support the life with access to clean water,
- Protect the women and children in the society,
- Strengthen capacities of communities participate in activities for economic empowerment,
- Working for strategic partnership and collaborative networking with stakeholders
ALIF works in remote villages and we bring them sustainable development solutions like safe water, access to education, feeding the children and economic empowerment. Once we have jump started development by giving them the means, people are able to begin to improve their own lives.
- Education and Skills Development
- Access to Clean Water
- Building a School
- Seasonal Projects
- Economic Empowerment
- Protection Women and Children
We are aiming to have a plan of curriculum development, staff and parental training and development, and a program of publications in the field of Islamic values education.
Please help us fight poverty through education.